Looking for activity ideas for a birthday party, youth group outing, or just hanging out with your friends? Here is a list of group activity ideas you can use to plan your next activity:
For Adventurous Groups:
– Rock Climbing
– Snowboarding / Skiing / Ice Skating / Snow Shoeing / Broomballing
– Amusement Park / Laser Tag / Paintball
– Kayaking / White River Rafting / Canoeing
– Paragliding / Sailing
– Camping / Hiking / Biking
– Road Trip
For Sporty Groups:
– Swimming / Tennis / Racquetball
– Rent an Indoor Court / Gym / Field – Play soccer, volleyball, etc.
– Go to a College or Professional Football / Baseball / Basketball game
– Beach Volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, Sandcastle tournament
For Fun and Competitive Groups:
– Scavenger Hunt / Photo Scavenger Hunt / Video Scavenger Hunt
– Murder Mystery Party
– Battle of the Sexes Game Night
– Poker / Card Game Tournament
– Board / Video game night
– Mall Games
– Corn Mazes
For Groups That Like to Chill:
– Movie Marathon – Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Shrek, Harry Potter
– Smoothie / Fondue / Sundaes / Cookies
– Shopping / Restaurant Hopping and Reviews
– Visit Public Parks / Zoo / Fairs
– Paint Ceramics / Knit
For Deep Thinker Groups:
– Libraries / Museums / Art Galleries
– Local Cafes / Bookstores
– Nearby Colleges
For Groups with Pizazz:
– Formal Dress Up Night- Rent a limo and go to a fancy restaurant
– Swing or Salsa Dancing Lessons
– Jazz / Comedy Club
– Concerts / Symphonies / Theaters / Musicals / Plays
My intense love for group games started in 7th grade. I signed up to be a children day camp volunteer “Fit For Fun” at the YMCA, wanting to fill up long summer days with something productive to do. I had no idea that that particular summer was going to be the beginning of a passion that I still have to this very day. The fond memories of tirelessly playing Duck Duck Goose and children chasing after someone trying to “Capture the Flag” with war paint smeared on their cheeks are the memories that helped define my middle school years- and in large part- of why Great Group Games exists right now.
Some of the games that I have put on Great Group Games are based on the games I’ve learned from five years of volunteering at YMCA’s Fit For Fun. My hope is that these games will continue to bring fun to the lives of others- including kids and kids-at-heart- and others will have the same opportunity to share their group game experiences and ideas online as well.
This will definitely be an exciting adventure, to say the least, which I’m glad to be a part of.
GreatGroupGames.com has finally launched! We’re definitely excited to provide this awesome group game resource to the community.
It’s been a long time coming- I’ve worked on this website since September 2008 and have launched it on December 26th 2008. Late nights have been consisting of endless typing, html coding, and brainstorming. So glad that today is finally here!
Today, GreatGroupGames has also received our first donation from a very generous and funny man- Jon Chan. Thanks, Brother Jon (literally, brother Jon).
In the future, this blog will serve as a resource of gaming advice and ideas, website updates, and incredibly random thoughts. Stay tuned, and we’ll keep the games coming.
P.S. We’ve also joined Twitter- you can see what we’re up to @greatgroupgames!